Wednesday, November 15, 2006

in lieu of tubers


wow, stovetop stuffing instead of potatoes!
A gangrenous forearm instead of the rabies!
momma was too busy to make her own
pappa got mad and it ended with a firearm discharge
ten years later I'm sharing it in Readers Write.

stovetop stuffing tonight
'cause I'm running from Jean Valjean
I got some tupperware full of it in my knapsack
we'll sneak it into the Metreon.

instead of poptatoes, of course
we never have potatoes any more
Mr. Quayle don't allow 'em in this house
but they serve organic hand cuts at Mr. Gore's

stovetop tomorrow and forever, amen
I like to deliberately cut my hand
mix in my blood when I smoosh it with the water
when no one's watching; I don't think they'd understand

the Lord knows how much of myself I give to my famly
only he appreciates my sacrifice when I do this
just as He was so proud of his son at the last supper
these greasy bread crumbs are my eucharist.

No comments: