Thursday, March 09, 2006

one of the saddest songs of the 90s

in my book is that Jewel song You Were Meant for Me:


Put on my pj's and hop into bed
I'm half alive but I feel mostly dead
I try and tell myself it'll be all right
I just shouldn't think anymore tonight

Because dreams last so long
Even after you're gone
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you...


The alternate name for the song is Phyllis Barnabee Finally Gets a Bra, which was the title of the promo single it was originally released on back in 1995. Don't ask me the significance of that title.

wryness wasted at work

Since I work mostly with ESL Filipinos, word play is largely lost on my co-workers, and the whities that I work with are the usual hyper-literal types that the med tech profession seems to be rife with. But there are a few who appreciate a fucked up view of the world.

I especially hate it when people ask a question from across the room. For example, when someone yells across the lab "CCU wants to know if the blood is ready on Williams,"
I'll yell back something like "What? A succubus wants to gnaw on my booty in a wigwam?"
And of course I'm ignored, but I feel better about the tedium.

No comments: