Friday, January 26, 2007

scents


I don't get the whole scented thing. I've bought perfume twice in my life; once, because the Rite Aid across from gay safeway was going out of business, and they were practically giving it away, and I felt in a girly mood and it seemed like a girly thing to have. The other time it was for someone who collected perfumes. But when you put it on, it just evaporates and dissipates after a few hours, and honestly, I just prefer people to have no scent al all. If given the choice, I buy the unscented version of everything. We had a few scent-challenged patients back in T or C, and more than once I had to drop what I was doing and go draw them because our phlebotomist was too scented. They generally are fussy people in general, the perfume-sensitive folk. What I don't understand is how we allowed smokers to get away with fouling public air for so long. If my mom had just been more considerate about her smoking when I was growing up, I wouldn't have been so cloistered and socially stunted. Those were my constant battles with her-- the length of my hair and her smoking around me. It just amazes me out here that I can come home after going to a club and not have my clothes reek of cigarette smoke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help! Help! Scott's evil blogg will not let me post. Like for several months. God, why Have you forsaken me!!!

Plus I have questions about bicycles. If you I don't hear from you, I am likely to make a foolish purchase. Diane

Dana said...

email me at dana_claycomb@yahoo.com Diane. Yeah, new blogger has created problems with the blog.