Saturday, January 12, 2013

you don't fit

They tell me Venus is just an example
of the greenhouse effect gone crazy
which reminds me of driving through LA
jaded and hazy.
Everything there is crazy.
(And far below on the desert road
rites of passage in the van of passion).
Two sweaty days of leaving home;
nauseous and feeling nascent.
Don't be afraid,
fear will only make it harder
when the flames come to engulf you.
You've been cheating the asphalt shibboleth;
don't kid yourself that you're escaping death.
It's not like going to Venus.
It's not like Hell.
They tell me God is everywhere
and angels can dance on the head of a pin,
but when the van of passion takes to the road
you better get in and sin.
The tires squeal,
and on the horizon you see
Venus is sinking low.
Driving is now taken over by Death;
more dead bodies on the way to TJ.
You don't fit
You're like me
Feel like shit
Can't relax
Want to leave
Face the facts
You don't fit
I don't fit
Odd man out
Your sirloin tips
Make me wanna shout
Gotta get closer
How about...


No comments: