Wednesday, August 22, 2012

make it all go away

I am troubled about everything. I am troubled about the small-- how I may be potentially screwing up my own life, damaging my health by what I eat and exercise I do or neglect to do, how I may be hurting other's feelings inadvertently, even the fate of the trash I generate. And I am troubled by the large-- global warming, the increasing polarization of the politics in this country, peak oil, economic stagnation, the increasing chasm between the rich and poor. I am whipsawed between the micro and the macro, things that depress me that loom large and those that loom, human scale, in my own back yard. I am basically a hippie who envisions a world of harmony, a place where there is near endless consideration for individuals getting enough food, shelter, education, respect, joy; and even greater consideration for the environment's health, where the "brotherhood of man" is a very real and every-day ideal that everyone strives for-- moreover, a "brotherhood of the biosphere." That we are so far away from this makes me fret daily, as does my inability to develop a rich and satisfying social life/career/home. I feel powerless and afraid. I endure a background dread that interferes with everything. hemmed in by the micro and the macro depression.

 Turn on the blogs. 
Let the macro eclipse the micro depression for a while. 
Learn how hopeful consideration has a zero payoff 
When it smack-dabs thoughtless cocksuredness.


No comments: